Emile and The Detectives

Emil goes to the city .


chapter 1 
Emil goes to the city 

''Now, '' Emil,'' said his mother, ''hurry up and get ready. I've put your best clothes out your bed. Dress yourself, and we'll have our dinner.'' yes, Mother. 




   ''Now, let me think. is there anything else ? your other clothes are in your case. These flowers are for your aunt. I'll give you the money for your grandmother when you've finished eating. Now, go and dress.'' Emil left the room, and Mrs Fisher turned to her neighbour, Mrs Martin. ''My son is going up to the city for two or three weeks. At first he didn't want to go, but what can he do here while his school is closed? My sister has asked us again and again to visit her. I can't go, because I have so much work to do. Emil has never been away before, but he's old enough to travel alone now . Besides, his grandmother is going to meet him at the station.'' He is is sure to like it there,'' said Mrs Martin. '' All boys do. There are so many things to see. Coodbye, Mrs Fisher I must go now.'' Emil came back with his hair brushed and his coat on.  He was hungry, and ate a big meal. He kept looking at his mother. ''Perhaps, '' he thought, ''she won't like me to eat so much when I'm going away for the first time.'' Don't forget to write to me as soon as you arrive, ''she siad. ''All right, Mother.'' Give my love to your aunt and grandmother and your cousin Polly. And take care of yourself .l Be good, so that they won't say that you have no manners.'' 



     For children  ''Emil and the detectives 
      
Translation: Mohamed Bermoa
Linguistic review: Dr. Elias gifts
Publisher: Shuaa for Publishing and Science, First Arab Edition 1992
  

Post a Comment

1 Comments